... because we understand
How Much Compensation For A Sprained Ankle
A sprained ankle may also be known as a twisted ankle or an ankle ligament injury.
It is an injury that occurs when one or more of the ligaments in the ankle has been completely or partially torn.
With this condition, the pain you feel is not always indicative of the extent of the damage. To further assist you in finding out how much compensation for a sprained ankle, see the guidelines below that are used to calculate compensation amounts.
Compensation Brackets For Sprained Ankle Injuries
A sprained ankle falls into the category of a modest ankle injury along with other ligamentous injuries and undisplaced fractures.
“So far so good. Good communication and good customer service.”
See more testimonials
- One of the main considerations will be how long recovery has taken, if at all. The future strength of the ankle will also be taken into account and if there has been aching or scarring involved with the sprain.
- Osteoarthritis can appear alongside some ankle injuries so this will also have to be factored in and any other loss of movement due to the injury
- Up to £5,500 is generally granted if your recovery has been completed after more than a year and there have been no long-term symptoms
- If you have had a recovery which has been reached within a year then compensation amounts will not usually exceed £3,925. If your modest injury is resolved within a short space of time then the amount will be lower
- Settlement fees within this bracket will not normally exceed £9,800
Making Your Sprained Ankle Injury Claim With First Personal Injury Lawyers
There is no set amount given in relation to ankle injuries; each case depends on your individual circumstances and how the injury has affected you. If the injury was not your fault and you have not been able to work and/or your everyday life has been impeded, you may be able to make a personal injury accident claim.
For more information on how much compensation for an ankle injury please contact our experienced team of injury lawyers on 0800 808 9740.