... because we understand
Scooter Accident Compensation
While scooters and mopeds are often seen as a comfortable and stylish mode of transport, they can often be dangerous when they are involved in an accident. Quite severe injuries can happen at a low speed when travelling by scooter. Scooters provide minimal protection to their riders and therefore depending upon the type of impact, there is a large range of injuries that you could suffer due to being involved in a scooter accident.
You can call us on 0800 808 9740 or contact us online where we will assess your right to claim.
Scenarios that could result in a Scooter Accident
There are numerous scenarios that could result in you experiencing an accident and therefore an injury as a scooter rider. For example:
• Accidents due to poorly maintained roads, creating issues such as potholes, or other hazards such as a large spillage being left on the road.
• Mechanical issues with your scooter – such as your MOT not being completed correctly or due to the sudden failure of part of your scooter.
• Injuries due to issues with your safety equipment – such as your helmet not working as advertised.
• Collisions or accidents relating to another driver – if they are at fault for the accident, due to negligent behaviour, then you could be owed compensation.
When riding a scooter or a moped it is important than you take precautions to lower your risk of injury such as wearing the correct protective equipment, such as high visibility clothing. If there are adverse weather conditions it is useful to dress appropriately for them to ensure that you can withstand any high winds or rain you encounter. Gloves are another useful accessory that can ensure your grip does not slip while holding the scooter handlebars.
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident that was the fault of someone else’s negligence, then you are likely eligible to claim. First Personal Injury is always happy to help assess your case and work out the extent of the compensation you are owed.
Possible Injuries related to a Scooter Accident
While hopefully, a scooter rider would just walk away with a few scrapes after an accident, there is the possibility of your injuries being more severe. For example, you could suffer:
• Whiplash which is a fairly common injury in relation to road traffic accidents
• Head injuries such as damage to your skull or a concussion
• Broken or fractured bones
• Body parts being crushed which could result in amputation if it is severe enough
• Neck injuries which could cause muscle pain or stiffness
Road traffic accidents can also often cause psychological injuries such as depression or anxiety. First Personal Injury wants to help you get the compensation you deserve; we understand that this process can be stressful and therefore want to make you as comfortable as possible.
How much for a Scooter Accident Claim?
Your case will be assessed on an individual basis. Your injuries will have to be assessed by a medical professional, either through medical notes collected at the time or discussions with an independent medical practitioner.
Compensation will also be granted based upon other factors such as if you have suffered financial losses due to an inability to return to work or if you have had to find alternative transport due to the damage sustained by your scooter.
Making Personal Injury Claims
If you have suffered a personal injury, you may be entitled to receive compensation. First Personal Injury solicitors are available to assist you and help win any compensation that you deserve.
First Personal Injury works with families and individuals across England and Wales, leading them on their legal journey and helping them claim compensation after an accident or injury. Contact our specialist team to begin the process, either by phone on 0800 808 9740 or through our online form.