Campsite or Caravan Accident?
Talk to the personal injury experts
Holiday/Caravan & Camping
Caravan and Campsite Accident Claims
If you have suffered an injury at a caravan or campsite as a guest or as an employee, you could claim compensation.
Every caravan and campsite has a duty of care to ensure that safe working conditions and health and safety guidelines are met. If they are not and it results in an injury, you may be eligible to claim compensation.
WE ARE THE CLAIMS EXPERTS
If you have been in an accident at a caravan or campsite as a guest or employee, we can help. Call us on 0800 808 9740 or get in touch online
I've never been in an accident before. I was hesitant about making a claim. First Personal Injury sorted it all out and explained everything.
Mr Smith from Bournemouth, Dorset
Caravan and Campsite Accident Claims
When staying at a caravan or campsite, you deserve to have a great experience and you deserve to be safe. Staff are also entitled to protection from harm. Our personal injury solicitors are here to help. The accident may have occurred at a site, that is a large brand such as;
The accident may have occurred at an independent site. We can help if you have suffered due to an accident that wasn’t your fault. If you have a valid personal injury claim, we will provide an estimate of the amount of compensation you could claim.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARAVAN AND CAMPSITE INJURIES
If health and safety regulations are not followed, caravan and campsites can become hazardous environments. There are many different scenarios in which injuries may be sustained. Below are a few examples. Some of the most common caravan and campsite accidents include:
- Faulty/defective equipment
- Food poisoning
- Pedestrians hit by caravans or cars
- Injuries sustained in a car park
- Accidents caused by broken or loose handrails
- Injuries caused by old furniture breaking
- Assault or theft
- Slips, trips and falls.
- Drowning – Due to unattended pools.
- Crush Injuries – Due to falling objects and racking.
- Faulty playground equipment
- Accidents from sports
- Dog bites
- Heat burns – Due to oil or kitchen equipment.
- Back Injuries – Due to manual handling accidents and slips, trips, or falls.
How Much Compensation?
As all personal injury cases are unique, the amount of compensation awarded is different for every case. The amount awarded looks at general damages and special damages.
Pain and suffering is the main factor used to determine how much compensation. This is usually determined by a medical examination. This creates a report that outlines the length of time the injuries will take to heal as well as their severity. Our compensation calculator looks at how much you could be entitled to.
Compensation takes into account financial losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries. Such as a loss of earnings due to being unable to return to work. If you have had to pay for treatment or travel to treatment, compensation may also be able to cover this as well. Keep any receipts or other documents that help to outline the extent of your financial losses.
Except for children, there is a three-year time limit on making a personal injury claim. This time limit begins from the date that the accident occurred. You should contact a personal injury solicitor as soon as possible to assess your case.
What to do After an Accident at a Caravan or Campsite
- Report the incident to the caravan or campsite so they can make an official record of it in their accident book. Check the accident book and how the accident is recorded before you sign a copy.
- Obtain details of any members of staff to who you reported the accident/incident to.
- Take photos of what has happened, the scene, and any faulty equipment
- Get the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Evidence of a loss of earnings if your injury has resulted in you needing time off work. Documents related to other financial expenditures connected to your injuries may be required. This could include travel receipts to and from medical appointments.
- Details of relevant insurance policies you have.
- seek medical attention as soon as possible/first aid.
START YOUR CARAVAN OR CAMPSITE CLAIM TODAY
We are always happy to give advice about your campsite or caravan park accident claim. We operate on a no-win, no-fee basis. This means that if we do not win your case, you will not have to pay us any solicitor’s fees. Contact First Personal Injury today to start your compensation claim. Call us for free on 0800 808 9740 or contact us online to discuss your personal injury claim.