Was your medical issue misdiagnosed by a doctor?
Client received over £2.2M in compensation for a misdiagnosed brain injury
Medical Negligence / Misdiagnosis Claims
Making a Misdiagnosis Claim?
You should be able to put your faith in medical professionals without hesitation.
Most healthcare professionals are diligent and trustworthy individuals who prioritise the care of patients. However, occasionally, conditions or injuries can be misdiagnosed. When this happens, there can be lasting consequences on a person’s health.
In misdiagnosis claims, this responsibility of care is not always deliberately neglected by a medical professional. Sometimes, these claims arise because of a mistake or lack of professional judgement.
Whatever the reason for your incorrect diagnosis, if the blame was not your own, usually, it is possible to pursue a medical negligence claim.
Get in touch with the lawyers at First Personal Injury to discuss the circumstances of your misdiagnosis and to find out if we are able to help you claim compensation. Call us today on 0800 808 9740 or make a compensation claim online.
"Brilliant service, can't complain at all, really helped me"
Robert From Manchester
Common Kinds Of Late and Misdiagnosis Claims
A doctor may miss some details of a medical test you have had
- A doctor may misinterpret results
- Some people may be receiving a full treatment programme for an illness they do not actually have because they have been wrongly diagnosed
- Some diseases cause other diseases. It is important that the underlying disease is treated and not the symptom that has been mistaken for a disease.
- Incorrect prescribing of medication can cause problems and long-term use of some drugs can cause serious health problems.
Late or delayed diagnosis claims
Late or delayed diagnosis occurs when a condition is identified late by a medical professional, which can often cause delays in treatment. For example:
- There could have been a delay in you receiving a referral to a specialist
- A slow or late response to test results during an illness where time is of the essence to help secure a full recovery
Types of misdiagnosis claim
- Conditions that are commonly misdiagnosed and from which misdiagnosis claims arise include:
- Heart attack
- Broken bones, for example, scaphoid fractures, broken arms. etc.
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Motor neurone disease
- Cystic fibrosis
Do I Qualify For a Wrong Diagnosis Claim?
If you are uncertain as to whether your potential claim will be successful, we recommend you get in touch with a personal injury lawyer straight away. He/she will be able to advise you of the validity of your claim.
Beginning Late or Misdiagnosis Claims with First Personal Injury
Our team has experience in dealing with a range of different medical negligence claims relating to a wrong diagnosis.
We understand that if you have been misdiagnosed, it can be a very difficult time for you and your family. Because of this, we aim to put you at ease by handling your case sensitively and professionally.